Today, glass shower enclosures in Hinsdale, Illinois are gaining popularity for both aesthetic and safety reasons. If your bathroom is due for an upgrade, you may want to consider installing a custom glass shower enclosure to transform the space. Not convinced? We’re going to discuss the benefits and review the design options below.
Benefits of Glass Shower Enclosures
Shower curtains have become a thing of the past. With trends evolving and designs becoming more modern, many homeowners in Hinsdale, Illinois are turning to glass shower enclosures for many reasons. Some of their top benefits include:
- Easy Access. Stepping up to a bathtub can be harder for older people or anyone with mobility issues. Glass shower enclosures are much easier to access since you do not need to step or climb into anything.
- Increased Safety. Shower curtains can be hazardous and cause people to slip as they soak up water, so glass enclosures can reduce the risk for such accidents. It may seem like a purely aesthetic choice at first; however, switching to glass showers can make your home in Hinsdale, Illinois much safer.
- Customizable Design. Another great benefit to glass shower enclosures is their customizable design. You can explore various door designs, sizes, and styles to ensure you achieve the desired outcome for your bathroom.
- Spacious Appearance. Small bathrooms can tend to feel cramped, a glass enclosure will be perfect for making the space look bigger. Since the glass is transparent, it will look as if your bathroom in Hinsdale, Illinois is more spacious. Likewise, glass showers take up less space than a bathtub, so this can be a great alternative to a bathtub.
Glass Shower Enclosure Designs
If you plan to add a glass shower enclosures to remodel your bathroom, you have to consider some key factors in your decision. Working with a glass shower enclosure expert in Hinsdale, Illinois is a must to ensure top quality. With that said, it’s still helpful to understand what your design options are before getting started with the project. They include the following:
- Door Style: One of your main design considerations will be the door type. Sliding doors work particularly well for smaller bathrooms since they do not take up extra space, as compared to swinging or pivot doors that need more floor space to move inward or outward.
- Glass Type: Once you start browsing options for glass shower enclosures, you might be surprised to find a variety of glass types. Clear and non-textured glass is the classic go-to option for many, but if you prefer something different, you can explore tinted or textured options.
- Frame: You can choose to have a framed, semi-frameless, or frameless shower. Framed doors have a metal frame to serve as support, whereas frameless doors use thicker glass and some type of hardware to act as an anchor. Frameless styles are becoming more popular these days as they come with many design options.
Looking to Install a Custom Glass Shower Enclosures in Hinsdale, Illinois?
Installing a custom glass shower enclosure can do wonders for your bathroom, providing a range of benefits that go beyond aesthetics. If you’re looking to install a custom glass shower enclosure in Hinsdale, Illinois, we’re the company to call. We offer end-to-end services to support your custom glass needs. Contact us today at (800) 411-2801 to request a free estimate.